If you often download files that have large sizes on the internet, of course you are already familiar with torrents and also downloader applications such as IDM. Well, on this occasion, you will be told several ways to download torrent files using the IDM application.
Of course, the method that will be given later is very suitable for those of you who like to download large files. But before we move on to the main discussion, it’s good if you know what torrent and IDM are.
What are Torrents?
Torrent is a term for the “.torrent” format that can help you download large files. However, you need to know if the torrent is not the original file from the file that is later downloaded and stored in the device memory.
1. How Torrents Work
The workings of a torrent, namely the torrent file contains various kinds of data or information such as the name, tracker, size, and structure of the original file. So, you only need to download the file with the “.torrent” extension first, before getting the original large file.
It can be said that the file from this torrent will be a link between you and the file to be downloaded. To get files via torrent, you need a special application, one of which is called BitTorrent.
2. How BitTorrent Works
As for BitTorrent, later it will be a connecting protocol that uses a peer-to-peer system. As is well known, this peer-to-peer system is generally used to divide large files into several parts.
Well, the difference between BitTorrent users from regular downloads is that they are able to process data transmission faster even at very small internet bandwidth. So, even large files will be downloaded faster.
What is IDM?
IDM or which stands for Internet Download Manager, is a software that allows you to download files quickly and quickly. The level of speed possessed by this software is no longer in doubt, because it has been proven by the number of IDM users.
You can use this IDM software for free in a trial period of 30 days. But for long-term use, you need to switch to the Pro version first. If you don’t want to pay, then you can take advantage of IDM’s trial period to download torrent files.
In addition, you also need to make sure if the IDM extension is activated on the web browser application that you are using. If not, usually the downloaded file will go into the browser’s default download tool. Of course you already know the risks of using the browser’s default download tool, right?
How to Download Torrent Files Using IDM
Although applications like BitTorrent have good performance, you can also use IDM to download torrent files. Well, here are some torrent file provider sites that you can download via IDM software.
1. Using Boxopus.com
The first torrent file provider site was named Boxopus. This site is free but only provides a quota of 512 MB for each user, and torrent files can only last for one day. Here’s how to download torrent files on Boxopus via IDM.
- First, open a web browser application on your PC or laptop.
- After that, visit a site called boxopus.com.
- If so, please create an account first using the email you have. In addition, this registration can also be done with a Facebook account.
- If you have already created an account, just log in with your account.
- On the home page of the site, click on the Upload button and select the desired torrent file. You can also use the torrent link “copy paste” method.
- Then click the Go button, a pop-up window will appear to confirm the account type between Premium or Free.
- Wait until the process is complete, then click on the file and click the free option again.
- Finally, IDM will appear as an application downloader from torrents.
2. Via the Zbigz.com site
This site called Zbigz, is one of the torrent clients that you can use for free. However, for free users, the download speed will be limited and there is also a 1 GB quota limit. Well, here’s how to download torrents on Zbigz.
- Open the web browser application on your PC or laptop.
- After that, visit the site zbigz.com.
- On the home page, please register or register.
- If you have successfully registered, just log in with the account you have created.
- Then click on the Upload option and select the torrent file you want to download.
- Next, click the Go button, a pop-up window will appear containing your decision to choose between the Free or Premium types.
- Wait a few moments until the running process is complete.
- Then click on the torrent file, and choose the free option.
- Later the application from the torrent will download via IDM automatically.
3. Via Bytebx.com
When compared to the two previous sites, Bytebx is able to provide a larger amount of quota. With this site, you can download torrent files up to 2.5 GB in size. How to use it is also not difficult, just follow how to download torrent files on Bytebx below
- The first step, please open the web browser application on the PC or laptop you are using.
- After that, go to the bytebx.com site.
- If the site is already open, register using your email.
- If you have successfully registered, just use the account to log in.
- Well, on the main Bytebx page, you can click on the upload torrent file button.
- Next, click on the Go button to download the torrent file using IDM software.
- Wait for a few moments, later IDM will download the torrent and store it in your memory.
4. Via the Filestream.com Web
The last site that allows you to download torrent files with IDM software is Filestream. Don’t worry because on this site there is no time limit for saving files on it, and here are the steps you need to take.
- First, open the web browser application that you have.
- After that, please open the filestream.com site.
- Then register a new account first.
- If you have successfully created an account, use that account to log in.
- Then enter the torrent link into the field provided on the site.
- Next, click on the download button, then the file will be automatically downloaded via the IDM software on your PC or laptop.
By using several ways to download torrent files above, you don’t need to use BitTorrent to download torrent files. You only need to prepare IDM software, and it is guaranteed that the process of downloading torrent files can be done faster.